As you know, we are a County office, run by Carroll County Taxes. As such, we are subject to all policies that other county offices (like the assessor’s office and court house) fall under. Due to the rising number of cases of Covid-19, Judge Sam Barr has once again closed all county offices to the public.
However, we know the library is important to you and you need to continue to use the services we offer. We are still doing curbside service. We will bring items out to you, copy and fax things for you, and all your returned materials can be put in the drop boxes.
Checking Out Materials:
- Put items on hold using our card catalog, or call us to let us know the books/movies that you’d like to check out. We will find them for you and get them ready.
- Come to the library and call when you arrive.
- We will bring the items to you.
- Simply place materials in one of our drop boxes. (There is one in the front, and one in the back of the library.)
- We will gather the materials and place them in quarantine for 5 days. They will still show up on your account during this time.
- After 5 days, we will scan each item to check it in and return it to the shelf.
- NOTE: DO NOT PLACE HOT SPOTS IN THE DROP BOX! You must call us and physically hand us the hot spot. You will be charged if the hot spot is damaged from being left in the drop box.
- If you need something printed from the computer, email it to us at [email protected]
- Call when you arrive at the library.
- We will bring your pages to you.
- Call the library and let us know you have arrived.
- We will wash our hands or hand sanitized then come get the papers from you.
- We will take the papers inside and copy and/or fax them as required.
- We will bring them out to you and let you know your total cost.
- After we put the money in the cash register, we will wash our hands or use hand sanitizer again.
If you have questions about any of the services listed above, please call the library at (870) 438-6700